Friday, June 26, 2009

And Now In Other News...

Lazy Teenagers buys some furniture.


Which may not sound like a big deal, but it really is. Her about to
be roommate has been trying to talk her into Rent-A-Center for
furniture. She told him, "I'm not going in debt!". I'm so proud.
They found an estate sale and Hubby is over there with the truck
helping out.


Surly Teenager goes to the doctor.


Her thyroid is STILL low. They upped her dosage again. We go back in
a month for another blood draw. At this rate she is going to be on
the same dosage as me, only 20 years sooner! We also got a referral
to an Ear, Nose, Throat guy to see about yanking her tonsils. She has
been on antibiotics 4 times this year, so far, and about 5 or 6 times
last year.


Me goes to the doctor.


I got a new bladder control medicine to try out. I don't know how
long it takes for one to get out of my system, and the other to get
in, but so far so good. I also had x-rays done of my knees. And the
official word is....I am clear to run. Yay! I do have arthritis in
both knees, with the left being worse, which is funny because it is
the right on that hurts more. I have little spurs on the back of both
knee caps, top and bottom on one, just the top on the other. The main
problem is that my knee caps are out of alignment. They sit to the
outside. Pateller Tracking Disorder, to be official. He said most
likely, that is what is causing my pain and not even the arthritis.
He recommended knee braces while running, ice, Icey Hot, and
strengthening exercises. Oh and to use my best judgment about not
progressing too quickly.


Hubby and I go to the next level.


On today's run plan, Hubby did the distances, I did the times. I go
slower than he does (see above about not progressing too quickly). We
were both a little concerned about being able to finish. But we both
did it. Yay us!


5 minute warm up walk.

Jog: 1/4 mile or 3 minutes.

Walk: 1/8 mile or 90 seconds.

Jog: 1/2 mile or 5 minutes.

Walk: 1/4 mile or 2 minutes, 30 seconds.

Jog: 1/4 mile or 3 minutes.

Walk: 1/8 mile or 90 seconds.

Jog: 1/2 mile or 5 minutes.

That totals up to: Me: 21 minutes and 30 seconds, with 16 minutes of
it jogging.
Hubby: 2 miles, with 1 1/2 miles of it jogging.

I am pretty damn impressed with us.

No comments: