Monday, June 22, 2009

This and That

Couch to 5K: week 452, day 73 (at least that is what it felt like
this morning)


5 minute warm up walk. 90 second jog, 90 second walk. 3 minute jog,
3 minute walk. 90 second jog, 90 second walk. 3 minute jog, 3 minute
walk.


Oh what fun it was (not). I managed to get through it though. And no
aneurysm. No real knee pain while I was doing it. But afterwords,
they weren't happy. I iced them for about 20 minutes after we got
home and that seemed to help. I walked a slow mile at lunch today, to
keep from stiffening up too bad. And my knees were not happy about
THAT either. I guess they thought they had had enough for one day.
Now they are just a little achey. Hopefully, it will all be better
tomorrow.


Oh yeah, did I not mention? We have decided to run every morning.
Not just 3 times a week. So we are going to do 4 days of each Plan,
instead of 3, and then move on to the next one. This will get us
through the whole thing a little quicker than the scheduled 9 weeks.
Weeeee!


I have a doctors appointment scheduled for Wednesday afternoon to have
my knees xrayed. I want to make sure that I am not permanently
screwing something up, or setting myself up for knee surgery next
year. And yeah, I maybe should have done this BEFORE we started the
program, but I wanted to make sure I didn't hate it first. What would
be the point of getting a medical clearance to run and then finding
out I didn't want to run after all?


I am also going to see about changing one of my medicines. My bladder
control medicine has the unfortunate side effect of inhibiting
sweating. So I over heat like you wouldn't believe in no time at all.
I can't even mow the lawn in one go. I have to stop 2 or 3 times.
After running, my face is a very bright red, and it stays that way for
over an hour. So I did a little research and apparently they can
prescribe a different class of medicines for it. Instead of an
antispasmodic, which all have basically the same side effects, I could
try a tricyclic antidepressant. They apparently work about the by
calming nerve signals and decreasing spasms in the bladder muscles.


Since I still don't hate it, I thought it would be nice to not have to
worry about dying of heat stroke.


Hubby takes his physical agility test for the fire academy August 5th.
I think he is worried that he can't do it. I'm not worried. He is
actually in pretty good physical shape, even though over weight. We
are eating really well, and he is losing. I think as long as he can
get his endurance up for the running portion - 1.5 miles in 14 minutes
- he will do fine.


Surly Teenager and Lazy Teenager are campaigning for new names. Lazy
Teenager is no longer a teenager and is hardly ever lazy anymore.
Surly Teenager is not really surly anymore, either. Just the
occasional regular type of teenager surly and not the extreme surly
she was before medication. I have not been able to come up with
anything, so if you have any ideas please let me know.

No comments: