Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Construction Frustration

To the lady in the silver Tahoe, I heartily apologize.

I know how frustrated you were, because I was too.  It was nuts that what should have been a 10 minute zip down the road took over 30 minutes.  It was nuts that they put up the "Lane Closed Ahead" sign without saying WHICH lane ahead was closed.  It was nuts that they put the "Left Lane Closed" (which of course is the lane I was in) sign about 10 yards from where the left lane closed.  AND it was nuts that they also had the traffic lights blinking red at such a major intersection at lunch time, and did not have a policeman directing traffic.

Yes, you were in the wrong to not let me merge in front of you, when everyone else in the right lane was taking their turn and letting one car from the left lane over.

But, I shouldn't have called you that.  You deserved the horn blow, and the wild gesturing, which did NOT include a middle finger.  And you probably deserved some of the things I was shouting at you.  

But I apologize for calling you a fat cow.  I should be the last person on earth to say anything about another persons weight.  According to my BMI, I am still classified as Obese.    It's better than the Super Morbidly Obese (ye gawds how's that for sounding like a death sentence) which is what I was, but still.

I sincerely hope that by not letting me merge, and you thereby getting through the intersection about 30 seconds sooner, that your afternoon was greatly improved.

No comments: