Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Water Aerobics

Yesterday's class at the gym: Aquatics.

I made sure and got there 20 minutes early. I knew it would take me
that long to be able to get in the pool. The water is always FREEZING
cold.

And no, it is not easier to just jump in all at once and get it over with.

It is physically painful to me to just jump in, when the water is
cold. I have to do it in my own time, which is slowly, inch by inch.

The instructor claimed the water was at 79 degrees, and was supposed
to be at 82. I think it was more like 62 degrees, and they usually
keep it at 75. Brrr.

Even while "jogging" from one end to the other, I was shivering and
covered in goose bumps.

Aside from the chill, I liked it alot. Water exercises are great;
jogging, lunges, crunches; all things I can barely manage on land, and
not without a bit of discomfort. But in the water - look out. You
don't feel a thing.

Until several hours later. When you go to get up off the couch and
kind of...get stuck...in a kind of half standing, bent over position.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a brisk refreshing exercise session, next time try Spring Break swimming in the headwaters of the Guadalupe River. They should have called it what it is, a Winter Break, as spring did not start until March 20. Anyway, the water was 68 degrees on Monday, then 59 Tuesday, and 51 Wednesday.

We packed up and went home early on Thursday to keep from getting somebody sick.

~ ~ Papa

Donna Lyn said...

Water Aerobics is great. I need to start going again, and I think your right the water is never the temp they say it is.