Monday, March 23, 2009

Have A Sooouuuupah Day!

Restaraunt recommendation of the day: Souper Salad

Now normally I would not recommend an all you can buffet. They are
just a bad idea when you are trying to lose weight. For me anyway. I
always feel like I have to get my money's worth. Heaven forbid I only
eat one plate when IT'S! A! BUFFET!

I first went to a Souper Salad shortly after my lap band surgery. I
was on a liquid diet 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. One of my
allowed things was soups. By the 3rd week I was so sick of cream of
chicken, and tomato soups that I wanted to cry. Then someone on the
forum I read mentioned Souper Salad.

We went there that night for dinner.

Seafood bisque. And some kind of gumbo. Oh my goodness. I could only
eat the broths, but they were soooo good.

Also, the one by us allowed me to pay for my 2 soups to-go, and still
sit at the table and eat them. Usually buffet places won't let you
sit and eat out of your to-go container. I thought that was very cool
of them.

I don't know why we didn't go back there much after that. I just sort
of forgot about them.

Surly Teenager and I went out to lunch the other day and she requested
Souper Salad. I was hesitant about being faced with A! BUFFET!, but
said ok.

I'm glad I did. I had forgotten how good their soups are! Seafood
bisque again, and Cherokee Joe's Cornbread Soup. Yumminess!

Surly Teenager found a new love for blueberry bread.

On the bottom of their receipt.....Have A Soupah Day!

No comments: