Sunday, March 22, 2009

Homes Away From Home

The other day I was thinking about the time I spend at work, usually a minimum of 8 hours, and I started to do a little math with it.  

There are 168 hours in a week.  I usually work a 40 hour week, with an average of 7 additional hours for traveling back and forth.  That leaves 121 hours of home time.  Assuming I get a good nights sleep of 8 hours a night, that only leaves 65 hours of awake time.  And that 65 hours includes all the errand running and house cleaning and just stuff, that needs to be done.  So my actual quality at home time in any given week isn't much.

I figure it is about the same for most working people.

Is it any wonder then that people will tend to fix up their work environments and try to make them more homey and fun......









And because I know you are dying to see it...this one is mine:
My artwork is by Surly Teenager. 

No comments: