Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Date - Miniature Golf and Kidnapping -The End Part

Part 1

Part 2

That first dinner wasn’t really a date, it was a meeting.  The next time out, the coming weekend, THAT was a date.  All 9 hours of it.

I had gone shopping and splurged and bought a new blouse to wear on our first “real” date.  I didn’t know we were going to play miniature golf when I bought it.  Not that it would have occurred to me that it was a problem.

So we play miniature golf at Mountasia.  That’s the one with one of the holes going through a mountain with a waterfall.  At one point, I’m bending over the club to line up the shot from the “tee”.  I look down the course towards the hole, and then I look down at the ball.  As I look down at the ball sitting there, I suddenly realize that each time I am bending over my blouse hangs open a bit.  I stand up and look at my future hubby who is standing directly in front of me.  He smiles at me and doesn’t say anything.  I bend back over to line up my putt again.  And I suddenly realize - he’s looking down my blouse every time I putt.  I straighten up again and he smiles again.  Then he says “what”?  I just blinked at him a minute, silently debating with myself if I should say something.  I mentally shrugged to myself and bent over again thinking “oh well” and played on.

We eventually get to the hole that goes through the mountain with the waterfall. 

Now I assumed that this was the whole reason he suggested coming here.  To get me in there so he could make a move.

Nope.  Nothing.  Didn’t come anywhere near me.  And after all that blouse peaking too, go figure.

At that point I was pretty confused because I was pretty sure he liked me.  And he didn’t seem the least bit shy.  So naturally I doubted myself, and figured I had it wrong and he wasn’t really interested and was just being polite.

But then we spent another 2 or 3 hours together and knew I was just going to have to take matters into my own hands.  Which is how we ended up having drinks (my idea; liquid courage), after which I kidnapped him to the duck pond. 

He finally got a clue.

And they lived happily ever after.

No comments: