Monday, August 11, 2008

Shame on Catherine's

I don’t clothes shop much right now.  I will buy only a few things since I don’t stay in a size for too long.  I try to always make sure that I only get things on sale, or from the thrift store.

 

So when my sister called and told me Catherine’s (a fairly expensive, plus sized store) had 75% off the Clearance price, I was there in no time at all.

 

I did not find very much that would fit me.  It was all too big (yah!).  But I did try on  a couple of things.

 

And here is what I consider unethical.  The mirrors in their fitting rooms.  They make you look thinner than you really are.  I even walked out of the dressing room and looked in the 3 way mirror.  Same thing.

 

Now I can see how they would think this would work.  Fat woman don’t look at themselves in the mirror too much.  And especially not in a full length, or 3 way mirror.  So in the dressing room they see themselves, and think, Hey-this outfit makes me look thin-I’m buying it.

 

I could tell right away though.  I DO look at myself all the time in my full length, non-optical illusion mirror.  I know what I look like.  And what I saw at Catherine’s in the dressing room, that’s not what I really look like.  I even checked as soon as I got home to be sure.

 

I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

No comments: