Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hobbies

I love hobbies.  I love having the options of doing things I think of as FUN.

The best thing about hobbies though, is the STUFF.  Most hobbies require stuff.  Equipment, clothes, manuals, tools.....STUFF!!

I am afraid though, that my darling Hubby and I, may have a condition.  A disease.  A sickness.

HOBBY AD/HD

Our favorite thing is finding a new hobby that we enjoy, that requires lots and lots and lots of STUFF.  We'll go whole hog on a new hobby.  We'll enthusiastically equip ourselves for maximum enjoyment.  We will participate to the exclusion of all other things.

At least for a little while.  

Then we tend to move on to something else.

In the spirit of hobby-ness we have spent money on the following:  bike riding, paint ball, bowling, camping, hiking/backpacking, canoeing, fishing, shooting.

Some of these have been longer lasting than others (backpacking and shooting), but of course those seem to be the more expensive ones.  The ones where there is always new and better STUFF coming out.

So this morning when we drove past a GOLF COURSE and Hubby started talking about how fun GOLF is, and how we should play GOLF, I seriously considered throwing him out the car window.

No comments: