Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hates Shopping????

Surly Teenager is just not normal.  She hates shopping.  I practically have to DRAG her to the stores when it is back to school time.  She will get hold of something she likes and is not the least bit interested in getting something new.  She would wear only what she already has until it was mere rags, held together by safety pins, duct tape and E6000, if I let her get a way with it.

It is not as much as a whipping now that she is older.  She doesn't out grow everything so fast, thank goodness.  When she was little and growing, oh brother.  I dreaded having to take her shopping.  It always deteriorated into a hysterical crying fit.  Especially shoe shopping. 

And socks!  Holy cow, the fights we have had over socks.  She has a long, skinny foot.  So the socks never fit right.  The heels would not be in the right place on her.  And that thick line across the toe?  God help us all if she could feel that line.

I have no idea where she gets it from.  It surely isn't from me.  I love to shop.  Poor Hubby, he just has no idea.  He has mentioned once or twice that he is glad I am not the type that spends all their time and money at the mall.

I tried to warn him.  I told him that it isn't as fun to shop when you are fat and nothing fits.  But I am getting down to the "normal" sizes now.  I warned him when I am done losing and have had plastic surgery to tighten everything back up, shopping will be even more fun.

He seemed doubtful.

I am thinking of making the spare room into my closet.



No comments: