Thursday, August 28, 2008

Absence of Pain

The pain from the steroid shot went away sometime in the night.  It still hurt when I went to bed, but when I woke up, it felt pretty great.  I slept like a rock for the first time in I don't know how long.  I did not wake up one single time to have to pick my arm up with my right hand, and move it and reposition the 3 extra pillows I have been using.

First thing I did was start stretching and exercising it.  I got some really good ones to do from my mother in law, who had the same thing before.

And if you have never heard of or seen these before:

You need to get some.  40 patches in a box for under $5 at Walgreens.  They work great.  I can't take ibuprofen due to my Lap Band.  So my mother in law recommended these.  I liked them so much I bought extra for our First Aid Kit and for our hiking First Aid Kit.

I start Physical Therapy next Wednesday.

My sister offered her services for therapeutic messages every night this weekend.  She has great hands, very strong fingers.

I think between that and doing my stretches at varies times throughout the day at work, I will be good to go before too long.

Hopefully before October 13 anyway, when I go back to the Orthopedic Surgeon for a follow up.  So he won't want to give me another steroid shot.  Worth it but OUCH.

1 comment:

~Gretchen~ said...

Your sister-in-law finds herself wondering why your mother-in-law never told HER about those little bad boys.

Hm.

Of course, were I to get ahold of a box, I would look like the episode of The Simpsons where Krusty the Clown was trying to quit smoking and had covered his entire body in nicotine patches and was trying to 'squeeze one more in right there.'