Monday, October 6, 2008

Middle of the night

Hubby talks in his sleep. A lot.  Sometimes I will answer him just so he will shut up, otherwise he is liable to just keep talking. (Much like when he is awake. haha)

Last night, he wakes me up with his whistling and we had the following conversation:

me (nudging him): quit it
him: quit what
m: you're whistling in your sleep
h: I'm not asleep
m: well then you really need to quit it.
h: fine.  mumble mumble mumble the number 8 mumble mumble
m: 8 what
h: 8 what what
m: that's what I said.  You said something about the number 8.
h: (turns over and snuffles a couple of times)

When we first got married, he used to talk in German in his sleep.  Yeah. I don't know.

Once, he almost punched me in the face, in his sleep.  I just happened to wake up as he sat up and drew his arm back, and I moved just as - whomp - he punched the pillow were my head had been about 5 seconds earlier.

Fortunately, that one was a one time only happening.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin Michael went to go see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with my uncle. In the movie Indy asks his dad "How did you know she was a Nazi?" Dad answers "She talks in her sleep." Michael says, "I talk in my sleep, and I'm not a Nazi!"

I think that Mrs. Bananas wondered if I was a german spy.
- Hubby

~Gretchen~ said...

i talk in my sleep and i'm not a nazi.

but i have the same genetic makeup as hubby *shudder* so maybe that counts?