Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Better Offer and I ALMOST Did It

Saturday morning Hubby and I were getting ready to go hiking.  When suddenly......a phone call with a better offer.

Mineral Wells State Park with Father In Law and his boy scout troop to go rock climbing and rapelling.

I had never been there before.  It is a beautiful park with great trails.  And bathrooms!  

The batteries in the camera died quickly. The 8 rechargeable batteries we took as backup?  Wouldn't backup.  So these are the only pictures I got.

Mineral Wells Lake


Some Troop 3 getting ready to go over the edge.


Hubby getting ready to go over the edge.
He is using Army surplus webbing
as his harness.



Lunch break.

I eventually worked up the nerve to put on a rapelling harness.  And get hooked into the ropes.  Double ropes, so I would go nice and slow.  And approach the edge.  And put one foot over the edge.

But that was it.  

I could not make myself put the other foot over.

Maybe next time.

And with better backup batteries.

3 comments:

~Gretchen~ said...

i remember my first time. it truly is terrifying to just take that (slow backwards walking) leap of faith

Anonymous said...

Surly Teenager is in this picture :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.