Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Does Not Instill Confidence

I keep forgetting to tell this story....

I was in the hospital and it was the day after my surgery. A nurse comes in and says she needs to check my incisions.

I lay the bed back almost flat, and lift my gown to expose my tummy.

She starts looking around, kind of poking here and there, and counting. Then she starts pressing here and there, feeling around. She gets to one spot on my lower right side and gets a "look" on her face and keeps pressing in the same spot.

"Hmmm", she says with a frowny, concerned look on her face.

"What?" I ask.

"Hmmm. You seem to have a hard knot there. That's not good." More pressing around in the same general area.

"What?! Where?" I ask raising my head and trying to look and see where she was pressing.

"Right here." Press. Press.

I reached out my hand to feel where she was pressing. She put my hand in the spot and pressed down on the back of my hand so that I could feel what she was.

I looked up at her. "Here? Right here?"

She nods.

I just look at her a minute and blink. "Ummm, that's my hip bone."

She says, "No it's not. Because then there would be one on the other side too." She moves her hand over to the left.

"Oh."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should be proud you can feel your hip bones! babushka