Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thanks Hermine



Rain, rain and more rain. From Monday night to Wednesday night we got almost 10 inches of rain. A summer of drought was made up for in 3 days.

This is the low end of the backyard. A small lake developed because of the debris that washed up against the gate.


Here are two pictures to show the culvert empty.



This is video of Hubby opening the gate and releasing the flood into the almost full drainage culvert that runs behind our house.



To the left of the driveway there, is that brand new sewer they spent FOREVER putting in. When they redid the road they made it at a slight tilt so everything would run in the direction of the sewer. I guess for a normal amount of rainthat is a good thing. But in this case it was horrible. Hubby took thesemore than an hour after I left for work. It was worse when I left. The water was up over the curb and onto the sidewalk, and much further up the bottom of our driveway. The car was parked in the street at the curb and I had to get in on the passenger side and climb across. I would have been soaked past my ankles if I had tried to go around to the driver side.








And let's not forget the marvelous effect it has on traffic. The 13 miles to work to over an hour.




But on the bright side, the foundation has shifted and I can temporarily get the front door to shut with just one hand.

No comments: