Monday, August 30, 2010

It Makes Me Want To Cry

We've had to move my mom out of her cool little wheelchair accessible senior apartment place. She is in a nursing home now. Well, technically she is in the hospital - again - right now, but she has been in a nursing home since her previous hospital visit, which was in May.

She just never got her "umph" back, and wasn't able to hardly stand up, much less walk a few steps to be able to transfer from wheelchair to a chair, bed or toilet.

It finally got to where Medicare wasn't going to pay as much any longer, and she can't afford the apartment and trying to pay the nursing home co-pay.

We gave final notice to the apartment the beginning of the month and started the go-through-stuff-clean-out-throw-away routine one more time. At least it was on a much smaller scale this time.

And yes, that did coincide with me just having had surgery. Poor Hubby. He has been a trooper. I can't lift or carry hardly anything yet, and any type of prolonged activity leaves me achey and needing a nap, so it has all fallen on him.

We are planning a yard sale, maybe a two weekend in a row one, to get rid of stuff that Lazy Non-Teenager and her Honey Dew didn't take for their apartment. She even contributed some stuffs that Mr. Nice Guy left behind when he moved out.

But in the mean time - oy vey - my poor living room.

Think Hoarders, and you will get an idea of what my house looks like right now. Everything is piled up and there is a walking path through the room.

It's so depressing that I am not even going to take a picture of it. I'll take a picture of the yard sale.

Then you can wonder how all that stuff was able to be piled in my tiny living room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough thing to deal with. Hopefully the garage sale will go really well. babushka

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you. That is a tough situation - Grampa