Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well I Tried

I took a sick day today. I haven't been feeling great the last few days, and I have a ton of sick time, so I thought I would take a day, to rest, and hopefully not get any sicker.

Well, I started feeling a little guilty. I have been sicker before and still gone to work.

I thought if I did something slightly productive here at home, I would feel less guilty.

I decided on picking up the living room. I could have the tv on, so I could listen to Boston Legal. I would be near the couch, so I could take many rest breaks. But mainly because it would mean the Christmas tree would get put away.

Yes, that is correct. The Christmas tree. In my defense I want to point out that it is not the full 6 foot, covered in decorations tree. It is a little 4 foot, pre-lit, table top tree. But still, yeah, a Christmas tree in the living room until mid February.

(I won't tell you about the time, when I the girls
were young, I didn't take down the big decorated
tree until some time in February. Then I didn't get
around to taking the stuff out to the storage shed.
Then it got to be like July and I figured, hell,
it's almost Christmas again, so I just left it in the
living room.)

I dug the box out of the spare room. I took the top off. I spent a fare amount of time folding up the branches so that it would fit back into it's little box. Then I go to take off the legs, so I can put it away. They won't come off. I pull and pull and pull. I stand on them and pull on the tree. I got 2 off finally. There is still one left. I can't get it off.

So there you go. There is STILL a Christmas tree in the living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Light only the red lights and call it a Valentine Day/Chinese New Year tree.

oma