Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I have the bestest daughter EVER

Because of having a Lap Band, I am not allowed to drink anything
carbonated. And because I have "issues" I can't have anything with
sugar. And I refuse to drink caffeine.


This severely limits the options of things I can drink, that aren't water.


One of my few options is Minute Maid Light. I started with lemonade,
which some places even have as a fountain drink. Then I found the
orange and liked that better. Then I found raspberry and I LOVE that.


Then I couldn't find any anything at the stores, aside from the
occasional lemonade. And I am pretty much over the lemonade because I
drank so much of it before I found the other flavors. The one time we
found the raspberry, we bought like 8 cases of it. As it became
obvious that it was going to be difficult to buy more of it, I started
rationing it. I would only drink 2 cans a week.


It ran out months ago. I have 2 cases of orange left. And one
emergency case of cherry limeade, that I don't like much, but will
drink if I have nothing left.


This morning I had a message from Lazy Teenager. She was at Kroger's
and they had Minute Maid on sale, and what flavor was it that I liked.
I quickly called her back, gave her my preferences and told her to
buy all they had, I would pay her back.


She called about an hour later and said I owed her $30. She got 5
raspberry and the rest are Orange. I was planning to stop at every
other Kroger in the area on my way home, and asked her which one they
had gone to. Bless her heart, she had already gone to all three that
were in our immediate area.


5 raspberry! I'm rich!

1 comment:

Lazy Non-Teenager said...

Youre welcome!

And, I'll keep buying as many as I can whenever I go to Kroger :]