Friday, January 2, 2009

Project: Finish The Bedroom

Day Five: No new toy for Hubby.

Rusty showed up.  He touched up a few places on the walls and ceiling.  And then painted the ceiling.  

Today will include paint the ceiling spots he touched up yesterday, hang the ceiling fan, paint the walls and do the trim.

He may actually be able to finish today.

Hubby went to match the paint we bought several years ago, so there would be 2 gallons of each color.  The green, Barnyard Grass, was no problem.  The blue, however, had gone bad.  Apparently we had bought it on sale as a discard, it did not have the color formula on it.  We think we have matched it pretty close with Windjammer.

In case you are wondering what Hubby and I are doing while Rusty is hard at work on our bedroom, we are not just sitting around and playing video games all day.  Well, okay, we did do that one day.  Surly Teenager got Rock Band for Christmas from my sister, so we did kind of goof off one day.  Anyway, we are cleaning out the shop and finishing the floor out there.  Hubby found some good shelves on sale at Sears that he ordered.  He was originally planning on buying a work bench and then building shelves.  But will now build the work bench, since he bought the shelves.  

In other news:  Lazy Teenager and The Boyfriend finally got kicked out of the apartment by Mr. Nice Guy.  I gave them a ride out to The Boyfriend's grandparents place yesterday.

Then last night Lazy Teenager comes knocking on the door.  The grandparents won't let her stay there because they are not married.  She has called all of her friends and no one will let her come stay.  She doesn't have anywhere to go.

It killed me, but I did the right thing.  I did not let her stay and I did not give her money.  I gave her some suggestions.  I told her I loved her, and that I hope she understands.

She was very mature about it.  She was crying a little, but no screaming fit.  She didn't even slam the door when she left.  This may actually be the point where it all sinks in and she gets the message and starts to make some better decisions and take some responsibility for herself and stop making excuses about everything.

I managed to make it through the night without calling her every hour to make sure she is okay.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did Chris' comment not go through?