Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Perfect Solution: Pocket Doors

If you don't know, this is a pocket door:
It slides into the wall, instead of opening into the room.

This is our bedroom door:
And this is Hubby's closet door:

The doors hit each other when opened:


A standard door stopper thingie that screws into the baseboard (which you can see in the picture) is only 3 inches long and is too short to stop the problem.  I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on new doors only to have them end up marred the same way.

I discovered Pocket Doors the other day.  That would solve the problem perfectly.  

The only thing is, for the installation of pocket doors......you have to tear out the drywall to remove studs and insulation so the door has room to slide into the wall.  

That would be the wall we just put up.

I can't help it that I didn't see the show on HGTV that featured Pocket Doors until just last week.

Hubby is giving me death looks every time I mention it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the pocket door until Connor becomes proficient at doing dry wall, then you might be able to bring up the subject again.