Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Guest Entry-Written by Hubby

I have a sickness.  

I got it from my mother.  I like spicy food.  A lot.  You know those red peppers that come in orange chicken?  I love those.  Especially if it makes your eyes water when you bite into one.  At Hooter's they have 5 levels of hotness for their wings/sandwiches.  I like the hottest, the thing comes out covered in dark red sauce from all the peppers in it.  Then I add extra sauce to the other side because they only sauce the top.  Then I also put it on my fries.  I have a cayenne pepper shaker (one in each car of course, and one in my desk at work) to make my own spicy chicken sandwiches if I get one from the value menu at Wendy's or McDonalds.  

But I have now reached an all time low (high?)  I started drinking salsa from a glass.  

I have been making quesadillas with lean grilled chicken breast, fat free cheese, low carb tortillas and fat free sour cream.  But dumping salsa all over them was a mess, so I can now just take a bite and have a mouthful of salsa to go with it.  I get Pace salsa in the 64oz jug, sadly they only have medium in this size, but I cannot afford my salsa habit unless we get the Sam's Club size.  I had Wifey pour it into containers to freeze and just keep one in the fridge at a time, but only because the jug doesn't fit in the fridge.


The sad thing is I only came up with the idea because I was hungry, didn't want to cook, am trying to eat only core foods (weight watcher's) so I was looking in the fridge and thought Ooh, Salsa! what can I put that on and failing any healthy ideas that didn't require the grill or stovetop just poured and drank a glass of it.  I can justify it because people drink V8, which is nasty, and spicy V8, which I thought sounded nasty, but now I am wondering.  Because Picante Sauce is really just tomato juice with onions and peppers in it. 


They should sell it in cans in vending machines.

1 comment:

~Gretchen~ said...

spicy v-8 is really good, but it tastes a little heavy on the celery