Wednesday, June 18, 2008

THEY are picking on us

Who is THEY? THEY are the city.

We received a notice in the mail last week complaining about the "weathered, unpainted wood" on our house.

I walked around the house and looked. There are maybe 2 or 3 spots where the trim wood is getting bad and needs replaced. The TRIM, not like whole sections of the side of the house.

Which we were going to do anyway. No, really. We have painted 2 sides of the house already. We were going to do the trim after we finished painting the other 2 sides.

Really!

It made me mad though. There are A LOT of other houses in our neighborhood that are in much more need of stuff being done to it, than ours. I won't even get into the fact that our one neighbor has had huge, downed, tree limbs partially hanging over the fence into our back yard for well over a year.

One time we were in the middle of fixing the brakes on the car, and had to run to the auto parts store. (I told you I had a Handy Hubby. He fixes cars too!) So we left the car in the driveway with the wheels off, up on jacks, with some tools laying around. It was CLEARLY being worked on. We were gone maybe 10 minutes. What did we find when we got back? Yep, a notice from the city about non-running vehicles. Sheesh!

Anyway, after we had received the letter and were driving down the street, I angerly pointed out each and every house that needed something done to it. I ranted. I raved. I questioned why WE were being picked on when, clearly, there was a plethora of other houses for the city to attack, some of them in MUCH dire need of attention.

It was calmly pointed out to me that all those other houses may very well have received letters and they were just ignoring them.

Hmph. I hadn't thought of that.

No comments: