Monday, June 16, 2008

Handy Hubby

I have a Handy Hubby.

I try to not take it for granted, but it is hard sometimes because things just get done.  Like while  on a break from mowing the lawn, I mention that the grass is mostly just folding over instead of being cut.  By the time I am down resting/cooling off and go back out, the blade has been sharpened.  Little things like that.

And big things, like when the air conditioner quits working on a Sunday, when the high is 101.  If it was just me, I would have had to spend the night somewhere, like a motel, to keep from calling the repair man on a Sunday.  But he goes outside, pops off the panel, looks at things, wiggles things, tests the electrical current, and decides it is probably this part.  Which started working after all the wiggling.  But he looked up the part for future reference, just in case the wiggle wears off.  

Labor charges would be for a Sunday repair call: astronomical
Part that works after wiggling: $300
Having a Handy Hubby: Priceless

No comments: