Thursday, October 24, 2013

Throwback Thursday


Post from the past:
Tuesday, July 29, 2008:

He's not JUST handy


My hubby is not only handy, but he is a total BAD ASS!

This happened last night:

We went to bed around 10 pm. I had taken an over the counter sleeping aid and a couple of Tylenol (shoulder pain-not sleeping well). So I was dead to the world.

At some point I was vaguely aware of hubby getting out of bed. In my groggy mind I thought he said something about turning off the water. (We have soaker hoses around the foundation. We left the ones at the front of the house running on low when we went to bed. The doors aren't closing right.)

The next sound that penetrates the fog, is the sound of hubby's voice. YELLING very loudly. I can't tell what he is saying, but he is actually YELLING, so some sense of urgency gets me on my feet and stumbling out of bed.

Since I had a vague recollection of something about the water, I headed to the front door. The door was still dead bolted, so he didn't go out that way. I can still hear him YELLING, but still can't make out what he is saying.

I go to the back door and sure enough, it is unlocked. I go out on the porch and say "Honey? Are you back here?" Now I can finally make out what he has been YELLING.

"GET THE GLOCK. BRING A FLASHLIGHT. CALL 911!"

Well that woke me up and got me moving. I run back into the bedroom and open the desk drawer and grab the gun. Then I open another drawer and start rummaging for a flash light. While my right hand is looking for the flashlight, I realize the gun in my left hand is not the Glock, so I put it down and open the other drawer and grab the Glock. I get the flashlight and grab a cell phone and head back outside.

It is dark in the backyard and I can't see anything. I can only tell that hubby's voice is coming from the far side of the yard. I call out "Honey?" again, while I am heading that way. He yells again to get the gun and get out here. I told him I had it, but where was he?

He says "I'm over here. Call 911. This guy was looking in the bathroom window at Surly Teenager while she was in the tub."

I take the gun out of its holster as I walk towards the sound of his voice and I dial 911. I get to the fence and there is hubby on the other side, in the neighbors yard, sitting on someone face down.

The police came. They took the guy away, took pictures and hubby wrote out a statement.

Hubby had chased the guy, jumped the fence, tackled the guy, wrestled him to the ground, and pinned him down. What'd I tell ya? He's a BAD ASS! !

They are going to charge the guy with criminal trespassing. The police said if we see him anywhere on our property again, even walking across the front yard, all we have to do is call 911 again and he will be arrested.

Which is really good, because Surly Teenager recognized him. He only lives a block or so over from us.

Ugh.

No comments: