Monday, August 15, 2011

I Love Getting To Use My Christmas Presents

One year for Christmas I asked for, and received from my in-laws, a small in house size wet/dry shop vac. It's the same one that I mentioned before, with the disappearing hose. Hubby found substitute hoses, one at the junkyard in a car, and one in the middle of the street, and I have used it several times. As a dry vac. I got to use the wet over the weekend.

I went to throw a load in the washer and found this:
Hard to capture in a picture, but it is water on the floor in front of the washing machine. Not tons, but the floor was wet. I first thought something was wrong with the washer and spent some time looking around to try and find what was leaking.

I eventually noticed this:
That is the drain hose for the washing machine. It's not supposed to be there. It is supposed to be up there in between the two water valves. Where the drain is. NOT hooked over the edge of the clothes hamper.


Luckily I was caught up on laundry (for a change) and no clothes got soaked. And I got to tell you, I was mighty impressed with that hamper. It is a nylon inner liner (the blue part), over a canvas outer part, on a plastic frame. And considering the amount of water in the hamper, it didn't leak out very much.

It wasn't as full as the water line in that second picture. Maybe about half that. Way to much to sop up with a couple of towels.

So I break out the my little shop vac. It took two times to get it all.



I highly recommend getting one of these. It's very handy. And Sears usually puts it on sale for Black Friday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you hat to use it for that, but glad we got you a good one ~ Papa