Friday, April 2, 2010

Gone

The Bermuda Triangle, a black hole...my family room.

I have missing items. All were last seen in the family room. And now, gone. Gone, gone, gone, GONE.

It started last year with the hose to my little shop vac. We have a big shop vac that we keep out side in Hubby's shop, and a cute little one, that I got for Christmas, that we kept in the house. It was in the family room one day. Sitting on the floor with it's cord wrapped around it, and the hose was detached and laying on the floor next to it. I can still see it clearly in my mind.

Now, there are going to be some people who will argue that if, immediately after use, it had been put back in it's closet, it would not have been sucked into the void.

Maybe, maybe not.

In this instance Hubby had been using it (which explains why it didn't get put up immediately after use!) and I confess, I purposefully left it sit there. I was curious to how long it would take it to get put away. I finally gave up and was picking up the entire family room. And it was gone. The hose was gone. Little shop vac sitting in the same spot, but no hose. I looked and looked and looked.

I still look for it to this day.

It has vanished. How can it have just vanished? It is a vacuum hose, for pity sake. It serves no purpose on its own. It's not like it is tiny. They are, what, a few feet long? And it's GONE.

The latest victims? Our iPod shuffle charging docks. That's with an "s", as in multiple ones. We had 2. I kept one at work so I could be sure my shuffle was always charged when I go walking at lunch time. The other one was kept at home on the desk. In the family room.

I took vacation the week of Spring Break. For some reason, and I can't remember the chain of thought that made me think it was necessary, I brought home the charging cord that I usually kept at work.

And now BOTH are GONE. GONE, GONE and more GONE.

My house is just not that big people! I should be able to find these things!

3 comments:

Donna Lyn said...

I wonder if your stuff goes to the same place as my stuff? 1st, I have a sock eating dryer and now I magical disappearing "stuff".

Lazy NonTeenager said...

The apartment is the same way, mine and Joshs wallets have been eaten, my temporary license has been eaten, various other things of mine have gone POOF!

Anonymous said...

I found the clicker for my car while shampooing the upholstery.... in my pickup.



Truly odd !!!