Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thats Just Not Funny

I don't like working off hours at my job. It is a big building, and when it is not packed full of people it is just creepy.

Especially at night. The lights are on a timer. So if you happen to stay past 7pm, the lights go out. It's not too horrible during the summer because it is still light out, but during the winter - creepy.

And on the weekends. Creepy.

I worked for a few hours this morning. All by my lonesome.

I had the lights on in the area I work in, but the other parts were intermittently and dimly lit.

I was walking back from the bathroom and walked past the bank of 6 elevators. This was in one of the dim sections.

All of sudden - DING - all 6 elevators open at once. And they were empty.

I jumped. I screamed. It was a good thing I had just been to the bathroom.

It scared me to death.

Much to the enjoyment of the giggling maintenance men on the first floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was just a safety inspection!

babushka