Sunday, June 6, 2010

Buried Alive

I love my puppy doggie Haylie.

She is a really good dog. She doesn't hardly ever bark, so when she does I know she means it. She doesn't lick your face, so I don't have to worry about the nasty "doggie french kiss" that can happen with overly licky dogs. She is good about staying off of the furniture - well except for Hubby's recliner and that's his own fault for letting her sit up there in his lap. She doesn't get in the garbage or eat food left in her reach - unless it's popcorn, whatever you do DO NOT set your popcorn bowl on the floor if you get up to go to the bathroom. She rides well in the car. She will either lay down on the seat or look out the window and is not the least bit interested in sticking her head out the window. If you roll down a window for her she will look at you like "why are making it windy in here?" and lay down.

She has one major flaw though - HAIR. Oh my goodness the shedding!

It never goes completely away but in the spring and summer, holy moly do we get buried alive in the dog hair.

We went out of town Friday midmorning. Before I left I went around and picked up the big dog hair clumps. We came home the next night. We were gone maybe 36 hours. Look at all the hair that accumulated in that time. (The can is for size reference.)




Then this morning I again went around and picked up the dog hair clumps. This is about 9 hours after the first round-up.





In the past 48 hours, she has shed enough hair to make a Chihuahua.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I turned 45, I started shedding like that too!! Haylie has my sympathies..... Grandpa