Friday, May 15, 2009

Moderation - or lack there of

I sat down in front of the computer at home this morning to write something about moderation.  I was going to talk about how, in some areas -spending money vs. saving – I have found my balance and am doing well.  In other areas –eating healthy vs. junk food –I still face a constant struggle.  Then there are those other areas – fun vs. responsible – that I am lacking in and, let’s be honest,  I don’t always put much effort into.


 Those are things like reading a good book.  I will get caught up in the story and ignore everything else around me.  The kids used to HATE it when I would come home on a Friday with the latest Stephen King book.  I would lay in my room and read all weekend.  We wouldn’t go anywhere or do anything.  I would stay up to all hours of the night to finish.  Or sitting down in front of the computer – the biggest time sucking invention EVER – and realizing 4 hours have gone by and I haven’t done laundry or the dishes.  Or starting a new jigsaw puzzle and getting on a good roll of fitting pieces, and not stopping.  One. More. Piece.


 Things like that.


 Anyway, I had planned on doing that this morning.  And it was going to be deep.  And insightful.  You would have walked away from reading my post, nodding your head thoughtfully, having gained a new understanding of the importance of having a balance to things.  Maybe even seeing some areas in your own life that could use some moderation.


 But then I looked up at the clock and realized I had been on Facebook playing Mafia Wars for too long and I was still in my pajamas and I had not even gotten Surly Teenager up yet and we needed to leave the house in 15 minutes.


 So you get this instead.  Sorry about that.

1 comment:

Lazy Teenager said...

And you got/get onto me about my computer "addiction" :P