Friday, April 24, 2009

Well.

The short version:

Surly Teenager has been diagnosed with and is being treated for
Bipolar Disorder. She is currently attending an outpatient program at
a facility that offers her academics in addition to the therapy and
medical attention she needs while they try to find the right
combination of medicines, and the right dosages.

Patience was never her strong point, so the whole "it takes time"
thing isn't sitting too well with her. She wants to feel "normal"
again RIGHT NOW.

I don't blame her. I can't imagine what it was like, or currently is
like, inside her head. I want her back (as close as possible) to her
normal surly-self. While she is trying to get stablized she is very
subdued; a mere shadow of her former self with nary a surly moment in
sight.

It is very disconcerting.

2 comments:

Donna Lyn said...

Let her know I know how she is feeling. I have been at the "I want to feel better NOW" moment. I know it doesn't seem like things will get better, but they do. She as well as you and Trey will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Banana-breath,

Please hug Miss S and Miss L for us. Glad to see you posting again, and know that you are in our prayers and thoughts.

Hang in there ~ ~ Grandpa y Babushka