Monday, April 27, 2009

Rainy Days & Mondays

always get me down.


It is even worse when it's a rainy Monday. It's a real
stay-in-bed-all-day-and-nap-and-read-a-book kind of day.


Only we have no electricity (or didn't when I left the house), so
reading would have to be by flashlight, which tends to give me a
headache.


And its kind of muggy out, but we have no air conditioning (see no
electricity mentioned above) to cool things off.


And Haylie freaks out when it is thundery, so that would make it kind
of hard to nap, having to listen to the whining and the non-stop
PANTING and PACING that she does. And don't even get me started on
the little puddles of drool she drips everywhere when she is panting.


Plus there is that whole pesky job thing. As much as I don't like to
go to work, I do like getting a paycheck.


But other than that, yep, it's a real
stay-in-bed-all-day-and-nap-and-read-a-book kind of day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the power outage, et al, but I am glad you got some rain. Here in Droughts-ville we had wind, thunder-and-lightning,severe thunderstorm warnings and a tornado watch. The net result was ALMOST 1/8" of rain.

Have a peaceful week ~ Grandpa

~Gretchen~ said...

wow. we had about three inches of rain yesterday. my garden is thriving!

if only we could figure out how to get the paycheck without the actual job . . .