Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fill 'Er Up

I had an appointment today with my lap band doctor.  Good thing too.  See that little ticker up there?  It should actually be back a few to the left, but I couldn't bring myself to change it.  

I did bad this time of year last year too.  I don't know what it is about the Holidays that just makes me tired of having to watch what I eat.  And it's not that I go that much off the deep end.  I just slack off on exercising and eat without thinking too much about it.

That's a bad combination for me.  As much as I may hate it, it is a fact of my life that I will always have to exercise and I will always have to be super aware of every bite I take.

I can't remember if I have mentioned it before or not, but my doctor uses a fluoroscopy now when fills are done.  It is really cool and totally worth the barium I have to drink.

My band is fine.  It is in a good position and my esophagus looked better.  The last time he thought I might be developing (or actually had before the band, but unknown) a slight motility issue.

I got .3 cc's added.  That makes a total of 3.9 cc's in my 4.0 cc band.  Technically, it can actually hold around 4.5 cc's.  But I would prefer to not push it to that extent.  I worry a lot about a slip or erosion and having to have it removed.

Hopefully this will be the fill to see me to my goal weight.  Whatever that may be.

No comments: