Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Interview

I had an interview today.  Same company, different department.

There were two interviewers and I was the only interviewee, thank goodness.  Nothing makes my brain freeze, and my tongue tie worse than a group interview.

It mostly went well.  Thanks for asking.

I still managed a moment of brain freeze though.  I can't even remember the question, but I just went totally blank.  Could not even remember how to speak, much less think up a clever answer.  Then it got worse because I became aware that I was not saying anything.  And the moment just went on and on and on and I just sat there and blinked stupidly at the poor ladies.  One of them finally said "Um?" and I busted out laughing.  I know I turned beet red and I apologized and told them the truth.  My mind went totally blank and I couldn't think of anything that applied to the question and then I couldn't even think of anything to make up that applied and then I couldn't even think what the original question was.

Good thing I don't really need the job.  I was just getting bored with what I am currently doing and thought this would be an interesting change.  It wouldn't even be more money.  Just something different.

Oh well.

No comments: