Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why did I say LEGO?

I didn't mean to.

I made my 6 year old nephew cry.

His dad was having surgery for kidney stones.  I knew he would be restless in the waiting room so I bought him a giant coloring book, some crayons, markers, and a driving game.  We are sitting at a little table coloring together, just chatting. All is well.

Then he mentions that gee, he really likes this coloring book and all, but boy, did he wish I had gotten him a Lego set.

And not thinking, I replied, Oh really?  You like Lego sets?  I almost bought you one but I wasn't sure if you liked them.

Major melt down ensues.  Including rolling on the floor and yelling I WANT A LEGO SET.

I really didn't mean to make him cry.

why is that boy there,
on the floor, screaming LEGO?
he has a bad aunt

No comments: