Saturday, July 30, 2011

Momma's got a new toy...

I tried it out on the kitchen floor and I give it an A+ for not having to get down on my knees to scrub the floor.

And of course Hubby already had his new toy (which is why he probably voluntarily bought me the Floor Mate)...



It's for towing cars, so I didn't really complain much about him buying it. I HATE having to tow with a tow strap. HATE, HATE and more HATE. This eliminates the need for tow straps.

And because nothing is ever good enough the way it comes (at least that is apparently what Hubby thinks) he added a spare tire, hand winch and utility box.

So, what happens when a couple of days later, Surly Teenager calls after we are in bed asleep and says the car won't start?

Would you guess that Hubby jumps up, yells "I'll get my car dolly!" and goes to rescue her?

Well if you do, you would be WRONG. He wouldn't even wake up. I had to go get her. And since we all know how much I know about cars, the car stayed there over night.

You would have thought he would have been dying to use his new toy. It was just a dead battery, so a car dolly would actually have been a little overkill.

But still.

(And did you notice that my new toy cost about 1/10th the cost of HIS new toy. Hmph. Someone owes me a couple of more new toys.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys and their toys. oma

Anonymous said...

OOH - a Tow Dolly !!!!!


~ Papa