Friday, April 15, 2011

It Just Doesn't Pay To Be Nice

I got backed into at the Walmart parking lot the other day. I had backed out of my spot and had just put the car in drive and WHAMMO.

A car backing out on my left hits me.

I waited a second before I stopped the car and got out, because I wanted to make sure they stopped their car as well. The space they were coming from was empty in front of them and I had visions of them pulling through and taking off.

But she stopped, so I got out.

The damage wasn't bad. A dent in the panel by the wheel well and a little of the door panel.

Of course her car was barely even damaged. There were scrapings of black paint on the bumper is all.

She was very nice and was very apologetic. Even said it was her fault, that she didn't look. She was concerned about if I was hurt and I assured her I was fine.

We exchanged names, address and phone numbers. She asked if we
could do private pay instead of through the insurance. I said I would have to talk to my husband and I would let her know.

I'm sure you see were this going.

I have left messages for her requesting the insurance info and she wasn't calling back.

This morning I get a message from her saying she talked to the police and they said I was at fault so she wasn't going to give me her insurance info.

She hit me. How is it at all possible that it was my fault?

I'm going to talk to the police too and see what they say.

I'm betting I end up having to take her to small claims court. But that's ok. I have a witness. LazyNonTeenager was in the car with and saw the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds very much like my accident in the K Mart parking lot 16 months ago. But I called in a police report and my insurance company, Progressive, went to bat for me. oma