Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Days

It started during the wee hours of Tuesday. Rain. Then sleet. Then sleet mixed with snow. Then temperatures dropping to the 20's and teen's. Then the wind with gusts of 40-50 mph. Then the windchill in the negatives.

That all equals calling off work with a vacation day because: I don't drive on ice.

So I spent the day lounging in my jammies, watching tv, and doing a puzzle:

Wednesday there was still ice. It was still bitterly cold. The schools were still closed.

Another vacation day. Lazy Non-Teenager had a birthday the day before, so on the pretense of checking road conditions in preparation for me going to work on Thursday, we went and picked her up and went to lunch and a movie. Hubby drove (so he could play on the ice in the parking lots) so I didn't have to. The roads were slightly passable so I tentatively planned on doing a "late start" on Thursday. That way I would miss the morning traffic.

Thursday morning came and there was still ice. It was still bitterly cold. The schools were still closed. I decided I didn't want to do a late start. It just wasn't worth the risk of an accident.

Another vacation day. I was feeling a little guilty for not doing anything productive during all this at home time. So I caught up the laundry while watching all six Harry Potter movies. In my jammies.

I was definitely going to go to work on Friday. I made up my mind.

Until I got up Friday morning to this:
And it was still bitterly cold. And the schools were still closed. And while I know it is easier to drive on snow than ice, there is still quite a bit of ice under all that snow.

And I figured by this point, what the hell - vacation day.

I would like to report how productive I was Friday. How much organizing and rearranging and cleaning I did.

I would really like to.

But...yeah, another day in my jammies.

No comments: