Monday, December 27, 2010

Maybe Tomorrow

I have spent the day trying out some of the Christmas presents.

I started with a gift Hubby got:

I'm always cold. I try not to turn the heat up too often, because of the cost. But I must admit, one of my favorite things about getting the house to myself, is the chance to turn the heat up and shed about 3 layers of clothing. Today I opted for trying this thingy out. And I must say...two thumbs up! Toasty warm and able to move about. Much more sophisticated looking than a Snuggie, too. And my biggest worry with the Snuggie: what happens when you want to get up and do something? There you are walking around with your ass hanging out like a hospital gown. Not so with this thingy. You are wrapped all the way around. I got up and got a glass of milk and sat back down still all toasty warm. One minor complaint - I had a time figuring out how to snap myself in to the thing. I'm sure that was just me though and is not a common problem.

While wrapped in the thingy, I munched on these:

Found at the grocery store in Abilene. Locally, they NEVER have the Nacho Cheese. Only Cheddar Cheese. Which is just not the same. So when I spied these while picking up eggs and stuff, I bought every single bag they had.

It's ok. Hubby got to buy 10 things of Sugar Free Cherry Kool-Aid. Because apparently, Cherry flavored Kool-Aid can't be had locally either.

And what was I doing, while munching my Nacho Cheese goodies, all toasty warm? Reading the BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER:

If you like to read, I HIGHLY recommend her Miles Vorkosigan saga (starts with Shards of Honor). They are very well written. Great characters that you easily get caught up in the lives of. Great dialogue. Hubby and I have read them over and over. We knew she had been writing a new one, but the last time we checked it didn't say it was finished and published. We were so pleasantly surprised by it on Christmas morning. My sister-in-law, who gave it to us, had been sneaking out to her car so she could finish reading hers without Hubby or I seeing the book.

And yes. I finished it to today.

All this while wearing: My Magic Pants...

Another sister-in-law gift. They are soooo soft and silky. And I have been told by her, MAGIC. It must be true; I have magically accomplished nothing today except finish my book.

And later this evening I will be trying out these gifts:


While reading the latest Dean Koontz in paperback.

In case you are wondering why I wasn't trying those last two out earlier today while reading Cryoburn - I knew I would be home today and Hubby wouldn't, and I could get it read faster than he would. So Hubby hasn't read it yet. I didn't want to take the chance of dropping it in the tub and ruining the book.

Yes. I have done that.

So...all that stuff unloaded from the car yesterday when we got home? Still there.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: