Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time!

This used to be one of my favorite times of year. Oh how I loved
Caramel Delights! And don't even get me started on those Thin Mints.


One year, we even bought some Thin Mints to put in the freezer so that
we could add ONE COOKIE to our protein shakes. Ha! At the time, I
actually thought that was going to work. Now I know better. No
cookies anywhere near our house for us.


I dearly love the Girl Scouts. I was one for many, many years and I
got a lot out of it. I have many fond memories of tromping through
snow (I grew up in Ohio) to sell and deliver cookies. And Girl Scout
camp. I'll have to tell the air mattress story one of these days,
that was classic.


But, as much as I want to help out the Girl Scouts, I can't buy any cookies.


Luckily, they now have a donation option. They have teamed up with
the USO and created "Project Troop to Troop". Donations are taken for
boxes of cookies to go to a soldier.


A great opportunity to support your local Girl Scout troop without
going into a sugar induced coma.

No comments: