Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back At It

I am going to start catching up on things that we have been doing and things that have been going on, in no particular order and in no particular time frame, from like last September.

I have been a bad, bad, lazy and bad blogger.

First Up:

Newest member of The Family:


JASLENE

This was Surly Teenager's Christmas present. She has been terribly sad and missing having a baby since we lost Clementine.

The present under the tree was a big box of cat supplies and a stuffed cat that said "good to exchange for one live girl kitty of your choice".

She had a hard time finding just the right one. She started out wanting a tiny, fur ball replacement of Clementine. December and January is just not kitty season. And not girl, tuxedo kitty season especially. She finally relaxed her standards a bit when she saw this little (but not tiny), white with black (but not tuxedo) girl kitty.

Jaslene has decided that she is purrfectly happy with Surly Teenager and Surly Teenager's bedroom. She stays in there all the time. Once, Surly Teenager carried Jaslene out to me, when I was sitting on the couch in the living room, and put her in my lap. I got to scratch her once under the chin and she decided that was enough. She climbed up me, went over my shoulder to the back of the couch, jumped to the floor and ran down the hall and back to the safety of Surly Teenager's bedroom.

And she likes being under the covers. She sleeps completely under them. I had to unbury her to take her picture. That's why she's looking at me like that.

No comments: