Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've Got People

I did our taxes tonight. I have been putting off doing them.

I hate doing them. It makes me yell.

Even though the tax company (the one with the green BLOCK) makes it fairly painless with their software, I always worry. I'm afraid I'm answering something wrong because I did not understand the way it was asked. I think that as soon as I hit the SUBMT button, a siren goes off in our IRS office and they start looking back through EVERYTHING and decide that I probably didn't really pay that much in day care expenses back in 1992 (but I did! I did! I really, really did!) and maybe they should just take a closer look at things.

And even though I know Dave Ramsey is right, and the big, giant refund is bad because it just means that all year long you cheated yourself out of your own money and now the government is just giving it back, it is still a bit of let down to get a $109 refund and not a $2,600 refund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got people who need their tax done too. Any chance you can find some new way to get a higher refund for the elderly.
The vet isn't coming to the park anymore
and Zodiac needs shot money & flea treatment for the summer. Not to mention
that before Zodiac sees the doctor, daughter needs to be paid back for her help. When is the stimulus going to be paid? Soon I hope.