Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scooby Doo - Where Are You?

Oh! There you are....



My nephew's birthday cake.

My sister called yesterday and was telling me about how the bakery advertised the cake could be ready the next day. She went on Thursday to order a Scooby Doo cake to have for Saturday. They told her they had to order the cake kit; which would take a week. After they got the cake kit in THEN the cake would be ready the next day.

So then I had a moment of temporary insanity. I volunteered to make his Scooby cake, if she went to the store and bought the pan and decorating supplies.

I used to have all the decorating supplies - bags of different sizes, couplers and tips galore. I learned cake decorating in Girl Scouts and when I got older I took the Wilton home course of cake decorating. I wasn't half bad at it either. I was especially good at doll cakes. I think it was the ruffles. I like ruffles. I had more than a dozen different kid birthday cake pans. I even made my sister's wedding cake.

But then I just got out of doing them. Sold off the supplies on ebay one year. It's been many years since I did one. It is still fun. But, oh my, I had forgotten how long it can take.

And I didn't lick a single finger, spoon or egg beater - or taste one tiny bite of icing. Not even the chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the cake looks great! reminds me of all the cakes I had to bake and decorate through the years.
babushka